08 September, 2010

The Doll that Saved the Collection

The fate of many dolls ended up in this boy's hands.

I'm sure it's no secret to anyone I was more than devastated about the catastrophically badly handled debacle that was the Smoky Quartz Shiwoo. (Luts claims "technical failure". We have a similar line in my railways, where I work. We call it an "Incident". Basically it's a customer fob off cover all for anything from serious accident to a staff screw up)

I was so devastated- betrayed and furious, in fact, I quite seriously considered selling my Shiwoos off. The sight of them was a constant reminder of how dismally Luts failed its customers, and the fact my collection will now never be complete.

There are a few I couldn't get rid of if I tried, most notably my scar Shiwoo, who still doesn't have a body, but has the personality to make up for it. But... could I give up the rest?

It seemed fate then decided to take that decision out of my hands. The very day after the monumental disappointment that was the release, a Tanned Delf I had bought from the DoA marketplace arrived....

Meet Faustus.

His arrival and subsequent, rather pointedly clear personality saved my Shiwoos. He may not have a wig, a faceup, body blush, the eyes i intend or some other bits and pieces I have planned, but that didn't matter. He was so perfectly- well, Shiwoo that all reservations about them fell away.

He was typically demanding though patient enough to wait for as long as it takes to get his finishing pieces, (Has anyone else noticed that about Shiwoos?) and was quite smug about the fact that HE saved the others...

They can thank him later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Feelings? Been Shiwooed yourself? Or maybe Chiwooed, WooSooed or even Breakawayed? Feel free to share!